Saturday, October 1, 2011

Purecast 09 - Face Of Bass

We have a new mix from Face Of Bass out of Colorado.  Bringing you the jazzy house!!

 "After being asked my NRKOTIC to submit a guestmix to the Purecast, I have to admit I was a bit unsure of what I would play. He explained to me the idea behind the Purecast was to catch DJ's in their most pure state hence the name of the podcast.  I decided you guys probably didn't want to see me turn this thing into a 70's discotech, (which in all honesty would be me in my "pure" state) judging on the kind of music played on previous episodes (which are all awesomeasfuk BTW).  At first I was gonna do all kinds of BPM jumping just like I would live Start with some hip hop, then slow disco, work it into house and end off at electro. I then decided I'd compromise with the hip hop and slow down the BPMs, add the old skool House element and get minimally funky throughout the mix.  This is one of my favorite mixes that i've done all year, I enjoyed the challenge of trying to play something that would respect the show but still have my signature funk sound.  Enjoy!" - Face Of Bass

01.  DJ Lemonk - Chillax - BPSS
02.  Ted Dancin - Pakwan - Zoot Suite
03.  Mike Dunn presents Mr. 69 - Phreaky M.F. (Mike Dunn's Original Phreak Mixx) - Robsoul
04.  Refinery - Laydees - Home Audio
05.  Toomy Disco - Since I Fell For You (Les Loups Nympho Island Remix) - So Sound
06.  SideWho? - Pay For Love (Jamie Paton Acid Remix) - Future Classic
07.  Tensnake - Something About You (Jas Shaw alt Mix) - Mirau Musik
08.  Kink, Neville Watson - Metropole - Original Mix - Rush Hour
09.  Jazzy Eyewear - All My Heroes - Umalu
10.  Newcleus - Automan (Drop OUt Orchestra) - MB Disco
11.  Mustang - Shooting Love - Fat Club Mix - Different Recordings
12.  Cassian - Nobody - Bang Gang 12inches

Episode 09

No comments:

Post a Comment